School Based Programs
School Based Programs at My Gym
Learning through play is the main focus of our school-based program in My Gym. We use a thematic approach to the curriculim to spark a child's natural curiosity and enthusiasm, to provide stimulation for learning and to enable greater retention. The curriculum is linked to an age-appropriate theme that changes every term. We believe children learn best when they are engaged in activities that involves all their senses.
School Based Playgroup Program (19 months to 3.5 years)
A fun-packed programme which provides an opportunity for pre-school children to develop and learn through structured and unstructured play curriculum. We aim to increase each child’s competence in all developmental areas and build on his/her natural interest in learning.
This programme gives children the opportunity to explore and make discoveries through motivating activities in a friendly and stimulating environment. This is done through different emphasises of program during the week.
Our classes are organized into terms. One term lasts 8 weeks. Our curriculum is carefully structured for your child to progress at his / her own pace with confidence and increasing interest.
Arts & Creativity
- focuses on creative arts and crafts projects
Language & Literacy
- focuses on language development, listening and comprehensive skills
Music & Movement
- focuses on dramatic play, imagination, expression through physical movements
Discovery / Integrated Program
- involves field trips and discoveries on science and math concept
- Build confidence and nurture independence
- Develop fitness and strength
- Develop social skills
- Foster a love for learning
- Build imagination and creativity
- Develop an appreciation of the arts through drama, craft & music activities
Parents are allowed to sign up 2 times per week or 4 times per week.
School Based Nursery Program - Creative Buddies (3 years - 4.5 years)
A progression from the Playgroup Program where there are more key components added for the children to engage in fun learning!
The pre-school setting allows children to adapt to routines and structured activities that are engaging to increase children's competence in the developmental areas and encourage a natural interest in learning.
Creative Buddies is a 3 hours program, a choice of 3 or 5 times a week.
Our weekly programs include:
- Circle Time
- Language & Literacy
- Introductory Writing Skills
- Art & Craft
- Show & Tell
- Music & Movement
- Science & Math Discovery
- Dramatic Play
- Manipulatives Exploration
- Social Time with Snack
- Gymnastics & Fitness